X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Catalina Macaw or Harlequin Macaw

When we adopted Scarlet we were told she was a Catalina macaw. I have been told by a few people that they think she looks more like a Harlequin. Does anyone know any means of telling the difference besides DNA testing? Here are a couple of photos front and back. If you want a different angle or a video let me know what you need and I'll post it. I have no plans to breed her so it really doesn't matter but I would like to know for sure if I could.
    Attachment
    Attachment
    Attached Files

I don't know but my bird is a harlequin in the classic sense. Green wing female x Bg male. I read that if the cross is the other way around the chest feathers are more orange. Your pics and it may just the photo but your pics show a very yellow.. Makes me think it's not a Harley but it still could be.

Comment

Here are 2 pictures of Scarlet taken today in natural sunlight and one taken next to Jack in indoor light.

Attachment Attachment Attachment

I think she is very orange but she looks all different colors in flash and indoor light. What do you think now?
      Attached Files

Comment

I have no clue, but just want to say, your birds are beautifull !

Comment

Regardless she's beautiful!

Comment

What Dayna said

Comment

TY ladies. It really doesn't matter to me either but sometimes when I say she is a catalina people question me. I'm pretty sure she is and her last two owners also said she was.
              You all know about her past, who would have thought that she would practically put her harness on by herself? She surprised the heck out of me both putting it on and taking it off. It was like she was a pro at it!

Comment

Working...
              X