X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Homemade Misting System for Bird Aviaries

Just wanted to let anyone know who lives in hot temperatures that i found & trialed a homemade misting system for birds that are kept outdoors. It works great i have just been quoted $3800 for professional system to be installed on my avairy row.
    I searched your old posts and didn't see this so i thought i would make mention of it:

Take a spray bottle - can't be a spray bottle that lifts - has to be one you turn the nozzle. You need a 3/4 hose adapter - (in fact i bought the spray bottle at Bunnings the Oz equivalent of Home Depot, and the hose adapter at the same time so i made sure it screwed in snugly to the lid of the bottle) for a grand total of $6.50. Click the hose into the adapter (which now holds the sprayer without the long plastic piece) Turn on tap and adjust to mist - this works better in hot temperatures or high humidity where it evaporates quickly and the ground doesn't get wet. You might still need to secure any water coming out the top if your tap adapter is not a perfect fit. Secure trigger in "On" position - i used plastic tree ties - bet you can use just about any waterproof thing - elastic band. Hang in direction required.

I'll be doing the proper piping (not professional) in the end but this was a good experiment that you will find works quite nicely.
Working...
X